Why Do We Worry
- We know what Jesus said in Matthew 6:25-34 by heart!
- We tell people that God is Sovereign and that He reigns over their situation.
- We recite I Peter 5:7 to people as they are completely stressing out in front of us.
I could go on…but you get the point…we know how to confront and encourage others when THEY worry…and yet…
- We freak out about the sermon every week.
- We are scared to death that the set list is not going to come together.
- We stress out about attendance numbers.
- We worry about the offering.
- We lose our minds when we hear someone is upset.
- We allow the voice of the enemy to convince us that everything is about to fall apart.
WE DO THIS…and we’ve got to stop! Reality is…
- Jesus loves the church way more than we do!
- He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion! (Philippians 1:6)
- He has SO MUCH MORE in store for your church than you could imagine! (Ephesians 3:20)
- He will reveal WHAT we need to know…WHEN we need to know it!
- He has a plan for our church…and He actually wants us to know it WAY MORE than we could imagine!
- If it is HIS WILL then it is HIS BILL…what the KING wants the KING pays for!!!
He is at work right now…doing things that we are completely unaware of but will one day BLOW our mind!
He has placed us in this time and in this place to make a difference!
My prayer to overcome worry has consistently been to ask God to enlarge my view of Him…the larger HE becomes to me the smaller my problems and circumstances are.
He reigns…what HE started He will finish…
“Do not worry…” Jesus