How To Keep From Being Scared To Death Right Now
Besides Harvey/Irma/Maria, North Korea nukes, Mexico City earthquakes, and London terrorism, what is there to worry about?
I believe the secret of peace right now is understanding the difference in “times” and “seasons.”
Solomon said, “For everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under heaven” (Eccl. 3:1).
“Time” is for a watch; “seasons” are for a calendar.
“Time” refers to the moments, incidents, and situations that happen to all people every day.
“Season” refers to the long-term perspective of those moments.
“Time” governs the plays in a football game. “Season” is the Win/Loss record.
Are you more focused on the “real time” reporting of world events or the “season” those events signal?
LOOK AT IT THIS WAY:
1. Time Seems To Be Our Focus Instead Of Seasons.
- I’m a news junkie. The news paints a picture of horror, instability, and disaster. That’s our “time.”
- The Bible paints a picture of “seasons.” You can feel the cool wind of fall and know the season is changing. The day-to-day disasters we see are only confirming the “seasons” Christ said would come before His return.
2. Time Moves In Balance.
- The horrific hurricane called Katrina (which hit my state) was followed by 12 years of total Atlantic calm. Scientists wondered where the hurricanes went!
- They’re back. Don’t panic. Job said, “The Lord gave, the Lord took away. Blessed be the name of the Lord” (Job 1:21).
3. God Makes Time Beautiful.
- God doesn’t cause everything. He does, however, change everything. “He has made everything beautiful in its time. Also, he has put eternity into man’s heart…” (Eccl. 3: 11).
- The secret of life is to look at time through the lens of eternity. A particular “time,” a moment, may seem horrible. When you throw it out into the season of eternity, God is still in charge and will turn it around for good.
4. We Know The “Times.” Here Is The “Season” We Are In Right Now:
- A season of harvest. Over 1 million people are being converted to Christianity…EVERY WEEK. An average of 3,500 churches are being planted…EVERY WEEK. As the world collapses, we need to “Move the kingdom forward!”
- A season of hostility. Jesus told us that there would be “wars and rumors of war,” earthquakes, and “men’s hearts failing them for terror.” So, here we are. He told us one thing to do when that season arrived: “Lift up your head!”
- A season of holiness. The one thing Paul warned the Thessalonian Christians about the coming of the Lord was to “put on the armor of light.” In other words, “Be ready. Stay ready!”
WHATEVER happens to you in your life, on a daily basis, is only “time.” Flat tires happen to everybody.
Walk in contentment. Look at daily events through an eternal lens. God will make your “time” to be beautiful.
Even a flood or a hurricane.